Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)- Litchfield Park
The Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) provides mental health and substance abuse care to the patients they see. LPC’s have a master’s degree in health care and work with individuals, families, and groups. In this role, you will be responsible for treating patients who have been struggling with mental, behavioral, and emotional health problems. This starts with identifying the exact nature of the patient’s issues and creating personalized strategies that help the individual work towards their desired mental healthcare outcomes. To do well in this role, you will need to have a strong background in counseling and mental health and excellent communication skills.
- Meet with 2nd Chance patients to determine the exact nature of their mental health concerns.
- Provide targeted counseling designed to help the individual overcome their problems.
- Remain knowledgeable of the latest methodologies in counseling to provide patients with the best possible care.
- Refer patients to other mental healthcare providers as necessary.
- Remain warm and engaged through the duration of every patient’s counseling session.
- Adhere to organizational standards, policies, and procedures, in addition to legal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to get clients to open up to you.
- Ability to deliver treatment that is customized to meet the unique needs of every patient.
- Willingness to refer patients to other healthcare providers as needed.
- Must have fluency in documenting into an electronic medical record.
- Follow a model of care that supports the health and wellness of our patients.
- Maintaining strict patient confidentiality.
- Previous experience with Behavioral Health outpatient clinics.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in counseling or a related field
- All state-mandated licenses required for practice
2nd Chance is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About our company:
2nd Chance believes in the importance of ALL aspects of health, both physical and mental and the role that plays in achieving the well-being of individuals in our global community. We are the first full-service outpatient center of its kind in Arizona providing comprehensive outpatient treatment for general psychiatric, mental health issues, and/or opioid/alcohol addictions both in-person and through telemedicine services.
Our exceptional team of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners and other health professionals provide compassionate care to our patients throughout Arizona, and we are growing rapidly! We are dedicated to empowering every individual patient to make informed choices that help enable them to reach their goals through personalized treatment plans, support, and best practices in the field of behavioral health and substance abuse treatment.
Joining the 2nd Chance team means becoming more than just an employee - it means becoming part of a team that deeply cares for each individual we interact with and truly believes everyone deserves a second chance.
Job Status: Full Time