Medical Office Manager-Flagstaff
The Practice Manager will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Area Operations Manager on the workflow and performance of the designated clinic(s) to achieve expert care, excellent customer service and maximal physician/staff productivity.
Essential Job Functions
Employee Management – Work on employee management and staffing including all providers, medical assistants, and administrative staff
- Determine staffing standards based on patient care needs, patient flow, procedures and other clinical needs
- Interview, select and hire new employees
- Work with Human Resources to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements for clinical and non-clinical staff
- Help with evaluating staff performance, developing standards and ensuring basic competencies for all staff.
- Establish credibility and a strong presence in the clinic.
- Establish expectations and model behaviors that demonstrate service excellence to staff and focus on the patient as the primary customer.
- Identify potential problem areas, develop a system for objectively monitoring performance and creatively seek solutions to foster quality improvement.
- Help Develop policies and procedures while working with the Practice Manager.
- Participate in management meetings and participate in strategic planning, proactive interdepartmental problem solving.
- Help develop a system for monitoring clinic utilization, workload, and individual physician provider productivity on a monthly basis.
- Act as a resource to physicians, clinical staff and the corporate office. Confidentiality
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients and/or employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the Practice Manger. Prior health care experience preferred and strong communication skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and to be accurate, efficient and organized.
- Ability to respond to emergent or stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Intermediate computer skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel).
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum 1-5 year’s management experience
Required: In office regular and consistent attendance is required.
Job Status: Full Time