Part-time Certified Medical Assistant, Flagstaff Clinic
Part-time - 2 days per week... This position is responsible for assisting Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, clinical and non-clinical staff in providing medical care, as well as implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and skills necessary to provide excellent patient care and achieve desired goals.
- Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements as required by the provider.
- Performs a variety of office-based testing and treatments related to patient care under the supervision of a clinician, including but not limited to injections, spravato, and other procedures as needed.
- Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions, and scheduling of patients. Collect urinalysis from patients and process timely with the lab.
- Ensure accurate documentation in the EMR for all visits.
- Upload Pharmacy Monitoring Program (PMPs) sheets in the EMR for all Telehealth patients.
- Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas.
- Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures.
- Follows manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances.
- Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
- Monitor supply inventory including medication and injectables, i.e., expired medications/equipment, recalls and patient tracking.
- Develops and maintains effective communication mechanisms with all external and internal customers.
- Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
- Keeps in communication with the front office to aid in patient flow.
- Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
- Provides clerical support with patient/client notification and documentation, to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit.
- Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
- Other duties include scheduling follow-up appointments with patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Hours may vary and be outside of normal office hours depending on business needs.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
- Must have knowledge of and always follow HIPAA guidelines and secure Protected Health Information.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Frequent periods of walking
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Prolonged periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of kneeling
- Occasional periods of climbing or balance
- Vision abilities typically include close and distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Lifting requirements up to 25 pounds
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a Medical Assisting degree from an accredited college or university.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant is preferred.
- Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software.
Pay: from $19/hour
Job Status: Part Time