The Senior Accountant will support the Controller in managing financial activity through periods of strategic growth. Day-to-day activities include: all aspects of the general ledger, revenue recognition including supporting Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables, monthly reconciliations, closing and draft financial statement preparation. This individual will support and provide information related to company activities that will assist in decision making. He/She is responsible to produce preliminary draft financial reports, budget reports and maintenance of accounting records with a comprehensive set of internal controls using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and best practices.
- Assist in the financial close process according to the accounting close schedule and provide analysis and explanation of issues, trends, and operational results.
- Assist in the preparation of department budgets and cash forecasts, provide analysis and explanation of variances to budget and changes to rolling cashflow
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, bank statements and credit card accounts
- Maintain fixed asset records
- Assist with accounts receivable and RCM activities ensuring accurate and timely processing of cash receipts
- Assist with account payable processing and review to ensure accurate coding and allocation
- Identify potential accounting issues or areas for improvement
- Provide support to external auditors during audits and interim reviews
- Participation in analyzing, documenting, and implementing new accounting standards and continuous improvement efforts related to the monthly and quarterly close process
- Other duties as assigned
- Expertise in GAAP principles
- Expertise in Excel
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on projects with sensitive deadlines and meet those deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 6+ years or accounting related experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- M&A experience preferred
Work Location: One location in office regular attendance is required.
2nd Chance is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About our company:
2nd Chance believes in the importance of ALL aspects of health, both physical and mental and the role that plays in achieving the well-being of individuals in our global community. We are the first full-service outpatient center of its kind in Arizona providing comprehensive outpatient treatment for general psychology, mental health issues and opioid/alcohol addictions both in-person and through telemedicine services.
Our exceptional team of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners and other health professionals provide compassionate care to our patients throughout Arizona, and we are growing rapidly! We are dedicated to empowering every individual patient to make informed choices that help enable them to reach their goals through personalized treatment plans, support, and the best practices in integrated care.
Joining the 2nd Chance team means becoming more than just an employee - it means becoming part of a team that deeply cares for each individual we interact with and truly believes everyone deserves a second chance.
Pay: $85,000 to $100,000/year
Job Status: Full Time